Effective Date: August 7, 2019
Information We Collect
The types of personal information we collect include:
- Contact information such as name, email and postal address, and phone number;
- Other information you choose to provide to us, such as through your email communications with us.
In most cases we will collect the personal information described above directly from you. In certain cases, however, we will collect the information from other sources, such as:
- Our affiliates, including Equinox and SoulCycle;
- Other business with whom we may partner to provide you with products, services or offers we believe may be of interest to you.
- Other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the information we obtain about you to provide you with the information, products or services you have requested and otherwise respond to your requests and inquiries, to perform any obligations we may have with you and to provide you with customer support services.
We also use the information we obtain for our legitimate interests, including to:
- Communicate with you about our products and services, and send you promotional and other marketing communications;
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, sweepstakes, surveys, events, programs, contests, promotions and other offers;
- Personalize and improve your experience on the Site;
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business, including by operating, administering, analyzing and improving our Site, products and services and researching and developing develop new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions;
- Perform analytics (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
- Protect against, identify and prevent safety and security issues, fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Conduct investigations and comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies and terms.
We use your personal information for these purposes because we have a legitimate business interest in providing products and services to consumers and other individuals. When we process personal information for our legitimate interests, we take appropriate measures to ensure that the interests we pursue are balanced with your interests, rights and freedoms, about which we will provide more information upon request.
We may use the information we collect to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements to which we are subject, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in administrative or out-of-court procedures.
We also may use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of any agreement we may have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide you with the product or service you have requested.
You may see certain ads on other websites or social media platforms because we engage third-parties to help place these ads. Through such ad networks, we can target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means.
The Company does not currently allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Site.
We may share your personal information with our affiliates, including Equinox and SoulCycle. We also share your personal information with our service providers who provide services on our behalf, such as booking engines, data analytics, IT support services and marketing. In accordance with and as may be required by applicable law, we have entered into legally binding agreements with our service providers that contain limitations on how they use or disclose the information provided to them.
In accordance with applicable law, we may disclose information about you
- if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including to enforce any agreements we may have with you;
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss;
- in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or
- otherwise with your consent.
We also reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or undergo any corporate restructuring or reorganization.
When you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our services, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of visits to our Site.
- Strictly Necessary cookies, which are needed for the Site to operate properly and facilitate your use of their features. This category of cookies should not be disabled, and if you use your browser settings to block them, we cannot guarantee your security or predict how the Site will perform during your visit.
- Functional cookies which allow the Site to provide enhanced and more personal features such as by remembering if you visited our Site before and the choices you made on our Site
- Performance and Analytics cookies which collect information about how you interact with the Site, such as what pages you visit and if any errors have occurred. Information is used to improve how the Site’s functions. These cookies may be provided by our third-party web analytics services such as Google Analytics. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you, but generate statistical data about your use of our Site. Examples of our analytics cookies include:
Cookies currently used on our Site include:
__cfduid: This strictly necessary cookie identifies individual clients behind a shared IP address and applies security settings on a per-client basis.
kla_id: This performance and analytics cookie gathers information on visitor behavior, which is used for internal analytics to optimize the site or record if the visitor has subscribed to a newsletter.
- _GA: This performance and analytics cookie is used for Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics, an analytics service which is used to collect information about how visitors use the Site so we can compile reports and import the Site. To learn how to opt out of Google Analytics, please click here.
- Targeting and Advertising cookies which help customize the content and information you receive on the Site and help deliver ads that we believe may be relevant to your interests. Advertising cookies may be placed on the Site by a third party with our consent, which then enables us to determine whether or not to show you an ad for our products or services when you are browsing other sites. [[Third-party cookies we have allowed to be placed on the Site for advertising purposes are listed below. Please visit the relevant third party’s site for more information on these cookies and how you can opt out of them. Examples of our targeting and advertising cookies include: ]]
Your Choices: You can manage your cookies through your web browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that if you disable cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all features and functionalities of the Site.
You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking "help" on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. The following external links will explain how to manage cookies for the most common browsers:
In addition to the browser-based controls, you can manage third party cookies by visiting http://aboutads.info/choices/. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your device.
Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to send Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to websites you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. At this time, our Site is not designed to respond to DNT signals or similar mechanisms from browsers.
We may transfer your information to our affiliates, subsidiaries and other recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
Other Online Services And Third-Party Features
Our Site may provide links to or otherwise enable you to connect with other online services for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (e.g., Facebook and LinkedIn). These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE NOT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY US.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Retention of Personal Information
Children's Personal Information
Our Site is intended for a general, adult audience and is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13 or such other age as may be directed by applicable law. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will promptly delete the information from our records.
How To Contact Us